We at Downtown Creative Studios are taking every precaution to stop the spread of Coronavirus, protect our staff, students/parents and the vulnerable members of society. It will be business as usual in the coming weeks as Downtown Creative Studios is seen as a low risk environment due to the small number of attendances at any one time. However, we will be doing our part to ensure the health and happiness of our students, teachers and community.
What does this mean for you as a Downtown Student
As per the government guidelines
Do not attend your lesson if you have been travelling overseas in the last 14 days or are feeling unwell. Please call your doctor immediately.
From Monday 16 March, if you have been overseas and are feeling well, you need to self-quarantine for 14 days from the date you left the overseas country.
You must also self-quarantine if you have been in close contact with someone who already has coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you have self-quarantined for 14 days without any symptoms, you are free to go about your usual activities and return to Downtown Creative Studios
Until further notice Downtown Creative Studios are implementing the following policies for your safety, the safety of our teachers and the vulnerable members of society:
· In the interim, we are adjusting our cancellation policy to discourage students attending their lessons while ill. Until further notice, you may let us know before 8am the day of the lesson and we will arrange a catch up lesson when it is safe to do so. Please note – refunds will not be arranged, as per our policies and procedures.
· No microphones will be used during lessons
· All instruments must be supplied by the student, there will be no borrowing of guitars, picks, capo’s, tuners, ukulele’s, drum sticks etc. (you may purchase a capo, pick, tuner or drum sticks at Downtown Creative Studios).
· For Instruments such as piano and drums, we will be sanitising the keys/drum heads between every student.
· Please wash your hands thoroughly before attending your lesson. (Downtown has a sink with soap in our kitchenette – please use it to wash your hands for the recommended time of at least 20 seconds).
· Downtown Creative Studios reserves the right to refuse service to any students who are exhibiting any symptoms of illness.
· Downtown Creative Studios reserves the right to ask patrons to leave the premises if they are exhibiting any symptoms of illness.
· Please ask your children to refrain from hugs, hi 5’s and any physical contact with teachers and other students as much as possible.
· Downtown Creative Studios staff are using the utmost diligence to ensure door handles, EFTPOS machines, light switches and high use areas are sanitised as much as possible.
Our plan for the coming weeks
As the number of cases of COVID-19 continues to increase across Australia and South East Queensland, we are beginning to see social distancing measures being implemented, which could include the closure of schools.
In the event that we may need to close temporarily, we are prepared to move to a remote teaching platform with lessons being delivered online via Skype/Zoom. We will also be utilising our emailing system to deliver homework tasks, warm up exercises, backing tracks, audio files and video tutorials for students. Students’ weekly lesson times will remain the same as will the booking process for casual students.
We will continue to closely monitor the advice from both State and Federal Governments and we will be in contact with further information should the situation change. In the meantime, lessons will continue to operate as usual. As always, we will treat any cancellations with utmost care and understanding as we continue to navigate through this evolving situation.
As this is a busy time, email is our preferred method of contact, if you have any questions or concerns we would love to hear from you.
We love our community at Downtown Creative Studios and feel confident that together we can create a safe and healthy environment for everyone.
Thanks so much,
Sam and Kathleen
Comments are closed